Here is a list of student grants available at the moment. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Fund provides grants to students and student associations within the University of Iceland. The Student Fund supports:
- Culture and social life of students,
- International student co-operation with foreign parties,
- Students undergoing diagnosis for specific learning disabilities, attention deficit or hyperactivity disorder (ADD / ADHD).
Various funds at the University of Iceland
At the University of Iceland students can apply for various funds. Click the link to see the list.
Erasmus+ provides students of European universities with the unique opportunity to gain international experience in their studies and improve their position in the labour market. In addition, the new programme promotes equal opportunities to study abroad by providing supplementary grants for students with special needs.
Students can apply for two types of grants:
- Erasmus+ exchange study grants allow students to take courses at one of UI’s partner universities, which are evaluated for credits upon return to Iceland. Students applying for an Erasmus+ exchange study grant receive a subsistence grant of EUR 660-770 per month as well as a travel grant of EUR 275-820 (depending on distance from destination).
- Erasmus+ traineeship grants allow students to work on specific projects, related to their studies, at a company or institution. Students applying for an Erasmus+ traineeship grant receive a subsistence grant of EUR 660-770 per month as well as a travel grant of EUR 275-820 (depending on distance from destination).